Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Takeover, The Break's Over...Jay-Z Finally Gives Sequel to Dead Presidents II

It's been over a month since I updated my blog, partly due to vacation, but now I'm back and I thought what better way to mark my return then to write about a rap legend who has also made his return to music. I'm referring of course to Jay-Z and his new album Magna Carta Holy Grail which was released last week.  

I'm currently going through his discography before I review the album, but Jay-Z gave fans a gem by letting Young Guru release "Dead Presidents III", an unreleased track produced and recorded by Young Guru during Jay-Z's post-retirement period. The song was first previewed on DJ Green Lantern's Presidential Invasion mixtape with one verse, the final version has two verses but most of the second verse was used in the song "Moment of Clarity" on The Black Album

The dated references (flew into the building like 100 Osamas) might be the reason why he decided not to put it on an album, but Young Guru blessed the beat with a glossy piano loop and Jay's wordplay (yesterday I was "kneading" this dough) and flow are reminiscent of his style on Reasonable Doubt (arguably his best album). Listen and download.


0 Comments: Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Facebook

Search Site